- Posted 06 June 2022
- Salary£31,911.14 + 30% shift pay = £41,484.48
Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
A bit about the role:
To support the Team Leader in achieving business and departmental goals/objectives by performing reactive, predictive and planned maintenance on all site and facilities as required.
What you’ll do:
- Carry out the daily maintenance tasks as allocated by either the Assistant Team Leader or Team Leader on fixed plant covering a diverse range of electrical,control,hydraulic pneumatic and mechanical systems that are subject to infinite variety of breakdowns that can occur at any time.
- To ensure all daily planned and routine work is completed and to ensure that all breakdowns are attended to and rectified in a line with departmental objectives in a safe manner, causing minimum downtime and preventing business disruption.
- Mentor and manage the apprentices, ensuring they work safely, and assist them in achieving their required practical experience for their course work.
- Assist with project workloads as required.
- Assist the Team Leader/ Assistant Team Leader to Ensure recommended and additional spares where required are in the stores, recording and managing spares usage in line with stores procedures and the purchasing system.
- Assist lead, motivate, and discipline the team of apprentices, against departmental responsibilities, objectives and KPI, s (Key performance indicators).
- Promote continuous improvements and change through own initiatives.
- -Actively promote Health and Safety within the team ensuring standard activities have been assessed and have SOP, S written for them. (Standard operating procedures.)
- -Ensure an effective fault response service is available at all times in line with departmental objectives.
- -Maintain a hands on role to ensure technical and practical help is provided when necessary
- -Analyse performance in order to review team skills and therefore optimise performance levels.
- Must maintain the availability of business critical plant to prevent disruption.
- Ensure all relevant H&S regulations and safe systems of work are adhered to.
- Pass on own experience by giving the necessary training to other engineers.
Who you are:
- A minimum of 5 years gained within an engineering role involving automated equipment.
- To understand why we are here, which is to provide a 1st class support in a heavily automated environment to operations.
- Has an accurate understanding of the engineering function and where it fits in the organization as a whole.
- Proven ability to work in a multiskilled team.
- Substantial Electrical/or Mechanical fitting skills and experience.
- Can effectively communicate within the team and with other cross functional departments.Heights-working on cranes up to 15M, working from fixed and mobile platforms and scaffolding, use of ladders and stairs for access, working on roofs.
- Working outside-occasional work outside on plant equipment and site facilities.
- Professional attitude with plenty of drive and enthusiasm.
- Competitive bonus scheme – we reward you when we succeed
- Company pension scheme which we’ll match up to 5% and if you put in 6% we’ll contribute 8%.
- Life Assurance
- You’ll receive 24 days plus bank holidays. Your holiday entitlement increases with length of service and you’ll potentially have the option to purchase an extra 10 days per year.
- Amazing colleague discount scheme across all our brands
- And loads more! For more info https://www.nbrowncareers.co.uk/why-join/your-benefits
- All PPE and Tools provided.
- Great training package provided.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.