- Salary Up to £65,000 + Excellent Benefits
- Discipline Financial Services & Customer Operations
Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
This is a key role in the business which provides ownership of our customer payment products, processes and strategy, spanning checkout payments and credit facility repayments. The role is ideal for somebody who has worked with ecommerce payments and is looking to step up into a managerial role.
Working alongside a team of commercial analysts, product and marketing experts, you would report to the Head of Financial Services Customer Strategy who is responsible for leading the strategy behind our payment and credit options. In the role you would also work closely with the wider organisation, e.g. teams looking after Financial Crime, Risk and Compliance, Digital Technology and Finance.
A key pillar of our Group Strategy is the creation of a new Financial Services platform, which presents significant growth opportunities for the business. In this role you would be responsible for setting out payments requirements for the new platform.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What you’ll do (Responsibilities and Accountabilities):
As Customer Payments Manager, you would:
- Be the subject matter expert for payment regulation and product across the business.
- Understand scheme rules and ensure the business remains compliant.
- Lead the monthly payments forum providing updates on performance, risks and initiatives.
- Identify and drive commercial payments initiatives to improve the customer experience, drive revenue and reduce costs.
- Own the relationship with our payments service providers, ensuring we receive the required service at competitive price.
- Work with Information Security teams and external suppliers to ensure the organisation is PCI compliant.
- Work with Finance to ensure payments or refunds made can be properly reconciled.
- Ensure the business minimises customer friction during SCA, whilst retaining protections against financial crime.
- Maintain payment dispute & complaint processes.
- Ensure the payments service operates reliably, resolving any issues quickly where they may arise and analysing causes to ensure the risk of repeat is minimised.
Who you are (Job qualifications and key skills):
- You would have previous experience as a senior analyst or manager working with payments processing in an ecommerce environment.
- You understand the technical steps involved in processing of payments from cards, mobile wallets, BACS, Direct Debits and Faster Payments.
- Have a good understanding of payments regulation such as PSD2, PCI and scheme rules. You should be able to articulate business risk associated with these.
- Be commercially minded with good industry knowledge of best practice to recognise opportunities to increase payments efficiency.
- Be confident to work with external providers as the business owner of payment solutions.
- You should be highly analytical with a demonstrated ability to solve problems through logical thinking.
- You would have excellent presentation skills using Microsoft Office suite.
- You must have excellent organisational skills to prioritise and deliver required output from yourself and your direct report accurately and in a timely fashion.
- You would be able to collaborate effectively by building good business relationships with your peers across the business, e.g. digital technology, financial crime, customer operations and finance teams.
- You will be confident in owning your area of expertise and to justify and backup an approach to others.
- You would have previous experience working in Financial Services.
- You may have managed or coached more junior analysts.
- You would be comfortable extracting and analysing large datasets.
- You may have experience or industry knowledge of open banking payment Initiation.
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!