- Posted 20 July 2022
- Salary 32-46k DOE
- DisciplineProduct and Trade
- Contact NameNeil Hendy
N Brown group have been trading in the heart of Manchester for over 150 years. Our vision is to become the universally loved experts in fashion that fits by helping our customers’ look and feel amazing through our trusted family of brands
Our people are obsessive about customer service, enriched with data and powered by the latest technology to drive our business forward. As we continue to invest in our goal of becoming a leading digital retailer there’s never been a better time to join us!
The purpose of this role is to support the Design Team and be responsible for the design and development of new and innovative products, in line with our competitors. You’ll be responsible for the delivery of key trends, colour, fabric and shape direction to the Knitwear Team and the wider business.
You will support the product selection process to deliver exciting and commercial product ranges, delivering optimal brand and customer performance whilst demonstrating full understanding of our customers’ needs with regard to shape, fit, colour and trend direction.
What you’ll be responsible for:
* Supporting the design team by in delivering key trends, colour, fabric, print and shape direction, through to design & development of multi-product womenswear ranges.
* Integrating into the team, working with the other team members and adopting best working practices both as a brand unit, and with the wider Design and buying team.
* Ensure that the appropriate level of newness is achieved to create exciting ranges displaying innovation in terms of product opportunity and to identify new and developing trends
* Designing, developing and executing a specific on-trend product range, taking into account the requirements of selling channels
* Supporting the Design team in the modernisation and design of key multi-product ranges in line with competitors
* Helping to drive innovation and increase sustainability though all aspects of the design process.
* Preparation, analysis and presentation of research on specific products; providing competitor assessments and shopping reports.
* Creation of and system management of design information and online attributes
* Attending, and contributing to the regular departmental creative meetings, suggesting ideas for future trends and providing updates on work activities
What you will need to succeed:
* We’re looking for an experienced Designer. Ideally a graduate with a related degree or equivalent, and a minimum of 5 years commercial experience. You should have excellent womenswear product knowledge along with design systems, CAD, Adobe and Illustrator knowledge.
* You’ll be innovative, flexible, creative and forward thinking with excellent time management and an organised and planned approach to your work.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, along with the ability to influence and build relationships with key stakeholders.
* In return, you’ll receive great training, varied and interesting development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams