- Posted 21 June 2022
- Contact NameEmerging Talent
Who are we?
We're a top 10 UK clothing, footwear and homeware digital retailer based in Manchester. Our retail brands include JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 160 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
We are looking for several Graduates to join our two-year scheme with rotations across Digital Product, User Experience and our Delivery Management departments within Digital Technology. The above will be facilitated through short 3-month rotations for the first year, to then specialising in the final year in one area.
The role and responsibilities: Digital Product
Reporting into either a Product Manager or Lead Product Manager, the Product Associate will be pivotal to getting stuff done within our development squads. This person will work within one of our tribes, delivering the technology needed to power our digital products. You may be relatively new to the field of Product or Digital.
Responsibilities within this area will include:
- Understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for their product.
- Understand and demonstrate all the features of component to different audiences within and outside of immediate product team.
- Effectively document and explain new requirements to the squad using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down pieces of work/epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered faster.
- Steer sprint/release planning sessions by working with colleagues to plan sprints/releases that deliver maximum business value in least effort.
- Monitor competitor activity and overseas market trends.
- Drive the acceptance and adoption of ideas and improvements with product and technology stakeholders.
- Present to other product areas on my product/product component and its functional/technology capabilities.
- Effectively present the vision, key KPIs and execution plans (release/sprint plans) for the product.
- Provide support to lead product managers and product managers.
What you will need to succeed within Digital Product:
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn about a career in Product Management.
- Understanding of user research/design thinking concepts
- Knowledge or understanding of web or app platforms
- Knowledge or understanding of software development methodologies and processes
- A methodical and analytical approach, good problem-solving skills and can provide logical answers to problems.
- Used good prioritisation techniques to refine your feature backlog regularly.
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly.
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Open and positive attitude
- Customer centric mentality, prioritising work that solves real customer problems
For the other rotations:
The role within your Delivery Management rotation will be an Associate Delivery Manager, working as part of a squad to enable successful delivery of a set of technology products/ services or transformation within a complex technology portfolio and drive delivery for them.
The role within your UX rotation will be as a Graduate Optimisation Executive to assist in the development of conversion strategies and deliver testing plans across our brands. You will learn what is takes to fuse our values with CRO principles, ensuring that experiments produce learnings to deliver a frictionless and desirable shopping experience.
What will you get?
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
As a Graduate, you will receive a competitive salary with incremental increases across 24 months based on your performance. You’ll be part of N Brown’s Graduate programme, following a comprehensive learning and development plan including power skills workshops, sessions with our Executive Board, receive a dedicated mentor and more, as well as be part of our wider Emerging Talent community! You’ll be part of our bonus scheme, pension scheme, life assurance as well as receive 24 days holiday including bank holidays. Alongside this, you will also receive fantastic employee discount on our products, access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
How to apply?
Interested? Click on Apply now and submit your CV and cover letter today! If successful, the next stage will be an ability test and following this an assessment centre. This role is for a September 2022 start.