- Posted 16 May 2022
- Salary Competitive
- DisciplineDigital Technology
There has never been a more exciting time to be joining our Digital Technology team here at N Brown. We are completing a major transformation on our technological platform, migrating to the cloud, working on implementing agile methodology and moving towards a fully agile enterprise-wide organisation.
About the Role
As Director of Technology, you will report to the Chief Operations Officer, and you will be responsible for managing and driving value from technology within the business. Using your knowledge and experience, you will be accountable for our technical platform transformation and aligning technology solutions with the organisation’s strategy and technical roadmap. Both by selecting and adopting market solutions and building new solutions whenever these are differentiators for our USP. As a member of the Digital Technology Senior Leadership Team, you will lead a large technology team across engineering, technical architecture, and delivery.
Who you are:
- You champion and drive collaboration
- You have strong leadership skills, empowering colleagues to drive positive change and encouraging a community of continuous learning.
- Delivering the company’s technological efforts and developments to transform the business and meet customer needs is at the heart of everything you do.
- You have excellent organisational skills to successfully coordinate the efforts of a technology department, namely regarding internal, external teams and third-party services.
- You have a relentless ability to drive for progress.
- You have strong decision-making skills to make choices that directly impact a company’s profitability, namely regarding Building versus Buying solutions.
- You have a curious mindset that seeks to understand the company’s challenges and objectives to effectively align technical strategies and outcomes.
- You think strategically, anticipate future developments, and provide technical vision.
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to communicate technical goals to non-technical leaders to bring them on the journey with you.
- You have excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks to cope with the multifaceted nature of the role and our fast-paced digital retail business.
- You stay up to date regarding the latest technological advances, encourage colleagues to learn new things, explore industry trends and inspire new innovative ideas.
As Director of Technology, you will:
- Develop a compelling technology strategy, vision, and roadmap. Define, architect, and carry out the organisational and infrastructure plan required to support the technology Strategy.
- Select the technologies most fit-for-purpose and manage them to reduce technical debt.
- Deliver technological solutions, either bespoke or market packages, following to highest tech standards and curating the appropriate internal skillset to manage them.
- Recruit, train, manage and scale a talented technology team dedicated to developing innovative solutions and living the N Brown values.
- Implement a Retail tech and Fintech culture across the team and the company, moving towards a truly agile environment
- Regularly present reports on technological status, goals, and progress. Develop High-level KPI’s to track, analyse, and monitor technology performance metrics.
- Assess and manage risk by developing and directing safeguards- address legal compliance requirements and establish governance processes.
- Build, track, control and optimise budgets - overseeing to make sure there are no unnecessary expenditures, regarding both build and run.
- Manage relationships with key strategic partners, suppliers’, and customers working closely with Product, Operations, Data, Transformation, Trading, Brand and FS peers to define and deliver digital solutions
What experience will you have:
- Experience in leading large development teams (+200), working on agile methodologies Experience in leading large ERP implementations: SAP, Oracle, MS
- Experience in leading Customer focused solutions: Salesforce, Adobe Experienced in large eCommerce and APP platforms, with over 5M page views per day
- Experience on migration of mainframes to modern architectures Experience in working to the Agile methodology at scale
- Desirable to have experience in Retail and Consumer Credit Industry
- Competitive bonus scheme – we reward you when we succeed
- Company pension scheme which we’ll match up to 5% and if you put in 6% we’ll contribute 8%.
- Life Assurance
- You will receive 24 days plus bank holidays. Your holiday entitlement increases with length of service, and you’ll have the option to purchase an extra 10 days per year.
- Amazing colleague discount scheme across all our brands
- And loads more! For more info https://www.nbrowncareers.co.uk/why-join/your-benefits
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.