- Posted 19 July 2022
- Salary Competitive
Data at N Brown has recently been elevated to one of the 5 strategic pillars, with a mission to establish data as an asset to win. The Group Data function, led by the Director of Data reporting to the CEO, has been established to define and implement the enterprise data vision and strategy.
We are already a strongly data led business with a purpose to our customers look and feel amazing.
We’re now embarking on one of the most exciting data transformation journeys in the industry, and we’re looking for an exceptionally driven Head of Data Visualisation to help us on this journey and complete the senior management team, alongside the Data Management, Data Engineering, Data Analytics and Data Science disciplines.
About the role: This role will drive the enterprise-wide Data Visualisation strategy and lead the central team responsible for designing, developing, and socialising interactive analytics visualisations, dashboards and reports across business functions in order to facilitate decision making. You will be accountable for liberating data across the organisation and developing (or empowering the business to develop) actionable high impact automated analytical solutions to help solve the biggest business questions.
You will be a strategic partner throughout the business users' insight process, working with stakeholders to identify the most appropriate analytical solutions to answer their questions and translating them into end-to-end user experience designs to deliver actionable insight.
As Head of Data Visualisation you will:
- Lead and manage Data Visualisation team, continuously making the case for the value it adds to the wider business.
- Develop and implement the data visualisation strategy in alignment with the wider Group Data (and therefore business) strategy. Provide thought leadership within the wider Group Data management team.
- Articulate the benefits of data visualisation and analytics and educate the wider business in how it can help them achieve their goals. Be a data evangelist, inspiring your team and the wider business to tell powerful stories with the help of data.
- Define the operating model and the tools and techniques of choice to ensure accurate, slick delivery of BI and reporting solutions throughout the business.
- Work in partnership with Product Management to prioritise requirements and create the enterprise-wide data visualisation roadmap aligned to our strategic pillars.
- Ensure the visualisation estate is operating at optimal performance for all business users
- Create & deliver training for end-users and resolve issues to enable the effective use of data visualisations across the organisation.
- Provide technology support and advice to business colleagues regarding analytics & data visualisation.
What you’ll need to succeed:
* Extensive experience of managing teams in the data visualisation space and working with diverse stakeholders to understand their requirements and building roadmaps to meet them.
* Significant experience with visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and/or Looker.
* Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to translate data requirements into visualisations in a modern enterprise analytics environment, with a focus on end-to-end data products and solutions.
* Experience of challenging the status quo to drive team performance.
* Practical knowledge of handling varied types of data, and experience in using it to produce useful visualisations.
* A high level of retail and ecommerce knowledge.
* Strong SQL skills.
* Transferable PowerBI/Tableau/Looker administration knowledge
* Experience with cloud data warehouses such as BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift etc.
* Data modelling experience
* Knowledge of the analytics engineering tools (i.e. DBT) and workflow
* Programming language such as Python and high-level software engineering principles like version control, CI/CD and code review standards
Working at N Brown you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer by asking questions, trying new things and chasing opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own choices, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to showcase your skills and learn new ones.
A digital retailer will be fast-paced at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you can collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love working together for a common goal, you could have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
We’re looking for people with a passion for what they do, pride in the brand they work for and the curiosity to uncover new and exciting insights. If you feel your experience and attitude match what we’re looking for then we’d love to hear from you.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown.