- Posted 11 July 2022
- Salary £21,500-£22,500
- Contact NameSam Bardsley
N Brown Group is the home of a trusted family of brands including JD Williams, Simply Be and Jacamo. Trading in the heart of Manchester for over 150 years, our vision is to become the universally loved expert’s in fashion that fits by helping our customers’ look and feel amazing. As we continue to invest in our goal of becoming a leading digital retailer there’s never been a better time to join us!
To inspect all product ensuring all stock delivered into the business is of the agreed quality, measuring within given tolerances, packaged and labelled correctly.
To ensure that the stock is made available for customer orders within agreed SLAs.
To take appropriate action when stock does not meet the required standards.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Carry out full and detailed Inspection of samples from stock delivered directly ensuring all product specifications are met including sizing, quality, packaging and labelling.
- Ensure all Health & Safety, legal and test certification specifications are met. Take responsibility to make corrections if not to specification.
- Use technical knowledge to ensure product materials are to the required standards and specifications. Take responsibility to make corrections if not to specification.
- Check that instructions for panned re-work on the job sheets are correct to H&S and legal specifications. Take responsibility to make corrections if not to specification.
- Check that all the correct specification i.e. weights/dimensions are uploaded on the system. Take responsibility to make corrections if not to specification.
- Carry out investigative quality checks on stock items requested by PI and Logistics on product lines where potential problems have been identified.
- Carry out and investigate CRM quality/stock checks to determine the cause of customer complaints. Advise CRM of the results and stock availability for the customers to re-order.
- Carry out AQL inspection of product lines where potential problems have been identified. Complete all the required data fields. Respond to findings in line with specifications and agreed procedures.
- Liaise with PI’s / Suppliers / Merchandisers to ensure all product queries are recorded and raised appropriately.
- Record all inspection information in the appropriate documents including, Product appraisal, photographs etc. Discuss any areas of concern with PI team.
- Add warnings, colour variation, fibre and wash care variation to advertised to the system
- Set standards for full inspection jobs and provide photos (where needed) for the MED Technician support team.
- Carry out extensive training with any colleague selected to join the team.
- Give guidance / advice to any colleague (MED technician support) on technical compliance / legalities and take responsibility for any corrections to systems highlighted by them.
- Support all quality initiatives and projects throughout Logistics by providing the appropriate expertise.
- Assist in in other areas of the business when required i.e. MED Admin, refurbishment or any other Logistics Operational area.
- Adhere to company values and behaviours.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams
We Are N Brown!