- Posted 21 June 2022
- Contact NameEmerging Talent
Who are we?
We're a top 10 UK clothing, footwear and homeware digital retailer based in Manchester. Our retail brands include JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 160 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
We are looking for a Graduate to join our People team, predominantly working within our Talent Acquisition team for our Financial Services and Logistics divisions.
The role and responsibilities
As a Graduate within Talent specifically, you’ll be hands-on with day-to-day recruitment and selection and will enjoy working with a wide variety of internal stakeholders and team colleagues to ensure we get the right talent for each business area. In return, you will have a genuine opportunity to influence, lead and make an impact in our growing business. You will also be able to put your wider HR theory into practice through interactions with other People functions, including People Shared Services, Learning and Development, Internal Comms and Emerging Talent.
- Creating attention grabbing adverts and campaigns to attract talent
- Collaborating and supporting internal stakeholders to design a dynamic and engaging attraction and selection process to maximise the candidate experience
- Attending and creating networking events or ‘meet ups’ to enhance your Recruitment and business knowledge, developing your understanding of the external/competitor market to attract future talent
- Researching and testing new ways to engage and communicate with potential colleagues with a focus on new or upcoming technology and social media
- Analysing and developing meaningful MI for the present and the future
- Contributing to the development of the talent acquisition teams skills, knowledge and behaviours and being a subject matter expert for all things Recruitment related
- Developing and maintaining relationships with selected 3rd party business partners such as recruitment agencies, technology providers, universities etc
- Learn about various aspects of the People team by attending wider team meetings, taking notes and shadowing meetings when required
- Support on team projects and tasks.
What you will need to succeed within Talent:
- Relevant related degree
- Proactive individual with strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Gravitas to work with and with the support of the team, influence at all levels of management.
- Excellent project management, writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What will you get?
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
As a Graduate, you will receive a competitive salary with incremental increases across 24 months based on your performance. You’ll be part of N Brown’s Graduate programme, following a comprehensive learning and development plan including power skills workshops, sessions with our Executive Board, receive a dedicated mentor and more, as well as be part of our wider Emerging Talent community! You’ll be part of our bonus scheme, pension scheme, life assurance as well as receive 24 days holiday including bank holidays. Alongside this, you will also receive fantastic employee discount on our products, access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
How to apply?
Interested? Click on Apply now and submit your CV and cover letter today! If successful, the next stage will be an ability test and following this a face to face interview. This role is for a September 2022 start.