- Salary £20,568.18
- Discipline Industrial Placement
- Contact NameEmerging Talent Careers
Who are we?
Here at N Brown we serve our customers through distinct brands; JD Williams, Simply Be, Jacamo and we are experienced, gained from over 160 years of trading; Inclusive as we believe in fashion without boundaries; sustainable as we strive to make as little impact on the planet and focused on the future as we are ALWAYS looking for ways to develop our business and serve our customers better.
Our Vision as a business is that by ‘Championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is, therefore, central to our culture. We’re committed to both building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all.
We are looking for passionate students to join various Buying teams across Fashion, Home and Technology for a 12-month period from September 2024, fulfilling an Admin Assistant position.
Here, a career in Buying involves working in a fast paced, commercial environment. Our Buyers have the ability to recognise the latest shapes and trends and turn them into commercial product. Our teams are responsible for developing, selecting, sourcing and trading trend led products to excite our customers. The Buying teams also work closely with our Design and Merchandising teams to ensure the business has the right products to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This is a truly fantastic opportunity where you will be given responsibilities that will add to the success of the business and you will become an integral part of the team whilst building your work experience in a commercial fashion head office environment. You’ll also develop crucial industry relationships along the way which may help your employment prospects after you’ve graduated from university!
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working and staggered start times to give you the flexibility you may need
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Pro-rated annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year
- Mental Health support both internally and externally via our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Colleague discount across all our N Brown Group brands and onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Annual bonus scheme
- Paid volunteer time – N brown offer all colleagues a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Buying Admin Assistant?
- Supporting the Buying teams with administrative requirements.
- Attending departmental range and selection meetings.
- Assisting in fit sessions.
- Sample management.
- Regular benchmarking of competitors.
- Liaising with suppliers to progress orders; forging and maintaining strong supplier relationships.
- Attending appointments with suppliers alongside the Buyer as and when required.
What experience will you have?
We’re looking for current students on a Fashion or Buying related degree (or equivalent) course who can commit to placement of 12 months. The primary role is to support the buying team in an administrative role which will require strong attention to detail and excellent organisation skills, as it’s crucial that work is completed accurately and sometimes to tight deadlines. You should be PC literate with the ability to quickly adapt and learn new systems. You’ll be a confident communicator with an energetic approach and exceptional levels of personal motivation.
You’ll need to display a keen commercial eye for product along with good knowledge of the latest trends. A genuine passion and drive for a career in retail is essential as well as the ability to demonstrate a sound understanding of the purpose and value of a Buying function within a business.
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria above and you’re considering a career in buying then we want to hear from you! To apply please upload (as one document) CV, cover letter and your answers to the following questions (no more than 300 words please).
Why do you want to be a Buyer?
What skills and qualities will you bring to the N Brown team?
Please note: you will only be able to upload one document on your application. Your answers to the questions above should be attached as the 1st page on your CV.
Applications will close on 24th November. If your application is successful, then you will be invited to a face-to-face assessment centre. This will be in early December and following this, you will be notified of the outcome within 2 weeks.