- Salary £44,593.57 + 34.73% Shift allowance = £60,080.91 plus excellent benefits
- Discipline Logistics
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
We’re looking for a Continental Shift ESS Team Leader to join our Logistics team! This role requires working across our three main logistics sites -you’ll primarily be at Shaw but will also be expected to cover sister sites as and when required.
** Shift pattern: You’ll work an average of 42 hours a week – Continental shift pattern **
As a Continental Shift Team Leader you’ll manage the site services maintenance engineers to provide shift support in line with departmental business objectives, performing reactive, predictive, and planned maintenance on all sites engineering needs with the responsibility of automation equipment.
- What’s in it for you?
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Life assurance and Private Medical
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Continental Shift Team Leader at N Brown?
- You’ll ensure that the engineering shift team are adequately trained and certified in order that they can perform their daily tasks in accordance with Health & Safety requirements.
- You’ll work with operations, develop and implement an effective planned preventative maintenance programme in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations ensuring compliance with all current statutory legislation. This includes risk assessments and company requirements in relation to persons, plant equipment, property, environmental and Health and Safety.
- You’ll ensure all daily planned and routine work is completed and to ensure that all breakdowns are attended to and rectified in a line with departmental objectives in a safe manner, causing minimum downtime and preventing business disruption.
- You’ll mentor and manage the apprentices, ensuring they work safely, and assist them in achieving their required practical experience for their course work.
- You’ll manage project workloads as required.
- You’ll ensure recommended and additional spares where required are in the stores, recording and managing spares usage in line with stores procedures and the purchasing system.
- You’ll effectively lead, motivate, and discipline the team of maintenance engineers, and apprentices, against departmental responsibilities, objectives and KPI, s (Key performance indicators).
What skills and experience will you have?
- You’ll have a minimum of 5 years gained within an engineering role involving automated equipment.
- You’ll be passionate about providing 1st class support in a heavily automated environment to operations.
- You’ll have an accurate understanding of the engineering function and where it fits in the organization as a whole.
- You’ll have a proven ability to work in a multiskilled team.
- You’ll have substantial Electrical/or Mechanical fitting skills and experience.
- You’ll be able to effectively communicate within the team and with other cross functional departments.
- You’ll have experience of heights-working on cranes up to 15M, working from fixed and mobile platforms and scaffolding, use of ladders and stairs for access, working on roofs.
- You’ll be open to occasional work outside on plant equipment and site facilities.
- A professional attitude with plenty of drive and enthusiasm.
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!