- Posted 17 May 2022
- Salary Competitive
- DisciplineDigital Technology
There has never been a more exciting time to be joining our Digital Technology team. We are completing a major transformation on our technological platform, migrating to the cloud, working on implementing agile methodology and moving towards a fully agile enterprise-wide organisation.
About the Role
As Director of IT Operations, you will report to the Chief Operations Officer here at N Brown, leading a large team of both internal and external resources across Service Management, DevOps, Infrastructure and Workplace Management. You will collaborate closely with decision makers across the business to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organisation.
As a member of the Digital Technology Senior Leadership Team, you will be responsible for developing solutions and methodologies that allow for the effective and smooth management of an infrastructure that supports our Business Units. Working to ensure we continually service our customers by enabling a 24/7 purely digital business, striving for high user satisfaction and proactive SLA management.
Who you are:
- You champion and drive collaboration
- You have strong leadership skills, empowering colleagues to drive positive change and encouraging a community of continuous learning.
- Delivering the company’s technological efforts and developments to transform the business and meet customer needs is at the heart of everything you do.
- You have excellent organisational skills to successfully coordinate the efforts of the department, including internal, external teams and third-party services.
- You have a relentless ability to drive for progress.
- You have a curious mindset that seeks to understand our challenges and objectives to effectively align technical strategies and outcomes
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to communicate technical goals to non-technical leaders to bring them on the journey with you.
- You have excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks to cope with the multifaceted nature of the role and our fast-paced digital retail business.
- You think strategically, anticipate future developments, and provide vision to teams, empowering them to then succeed.
- You have a solid understanding of business processes and functions that enable successful outcomes.
As Director of IT Operations, you will:
- Drive operational excellence; highly scalable reliable systems infrastructure and excellent team member services using efficient and agile operations.
- Partner with the security team to ensure security technology services, compliance standards and processes are met.
- Guide business and Digital Technology leaders in making investment decisions that balance and prioritise current operational demands, disruptions, and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organisation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners to maximise value.
- Recruit, train, manage and scale a team of IT professionals who are focused on delivering a world class experience and support to colleagues, whilst living our N Brown values.
- Build processes that enable team members to collaborate and execute effectively.
- Implement a Retail-tech and Fintech culture across the team and the company.
- Regularly present reports on status, goals, and progress.
- Develop High-level KPI’s to track, analyse, and monitor performance metrics.
- Build, track, control and optimise budgets - overseeing to ensure there are no unnecessary expenditures.
- Manage relationships with key strategic partners- working closely with Product, Operations, Data, Transformation, Trading, Brand and FS peers to define and deliver digital solutions.
What experience you will have:
- Experience in leading large teams of external suppliers ensuring high levels of SLA accomplishment and user satisfaction. Experience in managing complex on-premise and cloud based platforms
- Experience in migrating from on-prem to cloud platforms on AWS, Azure or GCP Experience in Workplace Management: user-devices as notebooks, smartphones, hand-held and best of breed end-user collaboration platforms as Office365, Google Suite or Monday.
- Experienced in enabling and empowering development and project teams by using automation on server provisioning and deployment . Experience in working in line with Agile at scale.
- Ideal to have experience in Retail and Consumer Credit Industry.
- Competitive bonus scheme – we reward you when we succeed
- Company pension scheme which we’ll match up to 5% and if you put in 6% we’ll contribute 8%.
- Life Assurance
- You will receive 24 days plus bank holidays. Your holiday entitlement increases with length of service, and you’ll have the option to purchase an extra 10 days per year.
- Amazing colleague discount scheme across all our brands
- And loads more! For more info https://www.nbrowncareers.co.uk/why-join/your-benefits
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.