- Salary Salary up to £50,000 & Benefits
- Discipline Finance
- Contact NameFinance Shared Service Manager
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
As Payroll Manager within N Brown you will play an influential role in transforming the payroll department, developing talent within the team and driving forward complex initiatives within a large organisation.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Supporting and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders
- Leading and developing a team of Payroll Administrators and Payroll Team Leader
- Maintaining and reviewing processes and challenging status quo when required
- Creating reviewing and revising policies and procedures in line with business requirements
- Responsibility of Group’s UK and International Payrolls (including taxes)
What will you do as a Group Payroll Manager at N Brown?
- Review current processes and provide recommendations for automation. Authorisation of UK and International Payroll, ensuring controls are completed in line with policies.
- Ability to reiterate Payroll Detail prior to authorisation of Group Financial Controller/Head of Group Finance. Line Management of 1 Team Leader and 2 Administration Assistants.
- Developing talent and succession planning of Payroll Team. Business partner with People Shared Service Team to ensure all data is maintained accurately within Core HR, reducing errors within Payroll.
- Review of monthly National Minimum Wage calculations completed by the Payroll Team Leader. Review of Annual P11d(b) and PSA calculations completed by the Payroll Team Leader.
- Utilise functionality within Core HR to develop reports reducing requirement for manual intervention. Monthly Analysis of outstanding expenses and escalate to internal stakeholders- hierarchy.
- Query Management Monthly Payroll Balance Sheets completed to Financial Calendar deadline.
- Highlight reconciling items to Group Finance Investigate differences within account codes
- Resolution of actions completed prior to roll over of reconciliations.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Experienced Payroll Manager/ Team Leader looking for the next step in their career.
- Experience in managing – developing a small team
- Strong Payroll skills with the ability to manually calculate Tax & NIC
- Process driven individual, reducing manual processes and automate where possible
- Strong systems (ideally People XD) and Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Organised, efficient, self-driven with excellent communication skills. Focused on accuracy, attention to detail and achieving deadlines.
- Customer Service focused, support wider business – internal stakeholder.
- Main face of Payroll within at all levels of hierarchy with the Group.
What’s in it for you?
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!