- Posted 19 April 2022
- Salary competitive
- DisciplineDigital Technology
Here at N Brown, we are looking for an enthusiastic Java Developer to complete our experienced team and bring a fresh look at our code. You will help us maintain and update our current websites for our major brands on a Java based web application, whilst assisting us to create our new microservices. To ensure success as a Java developer, you should have a good knowledge of Java, the ability to learn new technology and the ability to work in a team environment.
As a Software Developer you will be:
- Designing and implementing business applications/systems according to existing software development standards.
- Working with both technical and product stakeholders on the best way to solve problems as needed, including scoping out work, estimating effort, and planning technical architecture.
- Highlight and support production issues.
- Building reusable components for future use.
- Share knowledge with the wider team to inform decisions.
- Producing system and user documentation outlining requirements, design, specifications, and unit tests.
- Proactively identifying issues or barriers and escalating or resolving accordingly.
What skills and experience will you need?
- Passion for well-designed testable and efficient code using modern design patterns and quality development principles.
- Experience with TDD.
- Solid understanding of the full software development cycle.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (e.g., Hibernate).
- Experience working in or a good understanding of development in an Agile environment.
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies
- Working with pipelines and CI/CD.
- Experience with browser-based debugging.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal skills and the ability to converse around problem areas or potential improvements.
- Knowledge of version control.
It would also be advantageous to have the following:
- Experience working and building in cloud native services such as AWS.
- Experience with Front-End Development ideally using the Reactjs framework or equivalent.
- At least one popular web framework (Spring MVC).
- Knowledge of HTML templating frameworks such as FreeMarker or similar.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams