- Posted 01 June 2022
- DisciplineFinancial Services & Customer Operations
Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. Through our digital brands such as Simply Be, JD Williams and Jacamo, we help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services, and flexible finance.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things, and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career, and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Our Financial Services Business has around 2 million customers and is one of our key strategic pillars. We have an exciting roadmap of investment to create an entirely new platform for our credit business. This will unlock opportunities to bring forward new customer propositions and grow the business.
You can be part of this journey as a Junior Credit Risk Analyst in our Credit Risk team focusing on the management of new customer acquisition to drive long-term, sustainable profit from our Financial Service offer.
A bit about the role:
As a Credit Risk Analyst, you’ll be part of this journey as we identify new opportunities. This is an ideal opportunity for someone from an analytical background who already has some experience in developing and presenting insights to grow and further your career.
What you’ll do
- Production of regular Risk MI & Insight to be used within Financial Services and across other business areas
- Responsible for the analysis and investigation of any issues with risk systems, working together with the Lending Manager to understand the root cause and develop possible solutions
- Working with your manager to produce specific analysis to evaluate business benefit from model or strategy development
- Manage the user acceptance testing for model, system or strategy changes
- To provide key risk business statistics to Managers, Senior Managers and Directors within the company to be used in business performance reporting
What you need:
- We are looking for an analytical candidate educated to degree level or equivalent, in a statistical or numerical discipline.
- You’ll be strong with MS Office suite and some experience in using SAS / SQL.
- Additionally, you will have an eye for detail with the ability to spot data trends and make recommendations based on analysis and information.
- You’ll be a natural team player with great verbal and written communication skills.
- You should have a proactive approach to take the lead on individual tasks where appropriate and be highly motivated with a desire to develop your career in this area.
- And most importantly you’ll have a passion to do amazing things with credit risk in a collaborative environment.
What you need to know before you apply**:**
- Hybrid working: We are committed to operating a hybrid working with typically two days in our head office based in Manchester’s vibrant Northern Quarter. We have recently announced investment in our Head Office to make it a fantastic centre for collaboration.
- Background checks: Employment is subject to the completion of a successful background check, including criminal and financial history
- Competitive bonus scheme – we reward you when we succeed
- Company pension scheme which we’ll match up to 5% and if you put in 6%, we’ll contribute 8%.
- Life Assurance
- You’ll receive 24 days plus bank holidays. Your holiday entitlement increases with length of service, and you’ll have the option to purchase an extra 10 days per year.
- Amazing colleague discount scheme across all our brands
- And loads more! For more info https://www.nbrowncareers.co.uk/why-join/your-benefits
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.