- Salary Competitive
- Discipline Data
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
We’re looking for a Lead Data Scientist to join our Data Science team. Data is one of five strategic pillars at N Brown and already plays a really important part in key decisions across our organisation. We’re centralised and highly visible giving us the scope to influence opportunities wherever they are.
Our team use modern cloud technologies to build award-winning data science solutions. It’s rewarding to see our work make a genuine and measurable difference, recognised by our colleagues and in our company reports.
This role is particularly important to us as it’s ultimately one that shapes the careers of other data scientists, maintains standards, inspires our thinking, and builds confidence with the colleagues our solutions support.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Lead Data Scientist at N Brown?
- Line manage data scientists providing career, performance, and wellbeing coaching.
- Provide technical leadership to a data product squad in the design and delivery of solutions.
- Engage and influence senior colleagues, building understanding and trust in our work.
- Raise best practice across the Data Science team.
- Produce compelling data stories backed by powerful visualisations.
- Contribute to an open, progressive and passionate data community.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, tailored to audience.
- Proven ability to influence outcomes and inspire confidence.
- A track record delivering successful commercial outcomes with Data Science.
- An excellent understanding of statistics, ML frameworks and algorithms.
- An excellent understanding of Python and SQL.
- Experience with cloud platforms (preferably GCP) and a modern tech stack.
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!