- Salary Competitive salary and benefits
- Discipline Finance
- Contact NameReports to Head of Legal (James Iveson)
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
We’re looking for a Legal Counsel
Following a series of internal promotions, N Brown is looking for a Legal Counsel to join its Legal Services team at our Head Office in central Manchester. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high-performing team in a busy, agile and fast-moving digital retail business. You will deal with a variety of retail-focussed, commercial legal issues and support all our brands and business areas.
This role will allow you to work autonomously and manage your own workload with support from an experienced and professional Legal team. As Legal Counsel you will report directly to our Head of Legal and be actively supported by our Senior Legal Counsel.
The role offers exposure to all parts of the business and the opportunity to expand your legal skills in a variety of areas (such as intellectual property, IT, advertising, financial services and consumer rights, data and privacy, and dispute resolution/litigation) whilst making a real difference to our business.
What you’ll do (Responsibilities and Accountabilities):
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements (including consumer-facing terms, brand, media & marketing service agreements, product supply agreements, IT & software agreements and various other retail-focussed service agreements).
- Provide timely and efficient advice to colleagues and stakeholders across all business areas, including Brand & Marketing, Customer Services, IT and Product.
- Advise on and action contract terminations, renewals, variations and other enquiries.
- Manage and conduct small claims and escalated disputes with consumers and suppliers, and advise on litigation strategy (in compliance with the relevant civil procedure rules and practice directions).
- Participate in transformational business projects and provide general support as required to Head of Legal and Senior Legal Counsel.
- Keep up to date with future legislation and regulatory changes and proactively identify and update the business on risks and implement changes and solutions to mitigate them where necessary.
- Assist with protecting the company’s existing intellectual property and provide guidance and support on the registration of new intellectual property (including trademarks).
- Support the Data Protection Officer with respect to GDPR compliance and other data protection related enquiries.
- Assist with the design and delivery of training and updates to various business areas on regulatory and legislative matters and best practice in areas such as consumer rights and data protection
Who you are (Job qualifications and key skills):
- Qualified solicitor with 1 – 3 years PQE
- Strong commercial contract drafting and negotiation experience
- Financial services and consumer / retail experience would be helpful but not compulsory
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including legal drafting)
- Team player with a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to work autonomously under pressure in a fast-paced digital environment
- Organised and able to manage own workload and prioritise tasks accordingly
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you have any reasonable adjustments you require at the interview please let us know as we are very used to making these kinds of adjustments.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!