- Salary up to £35,000 per annum
- Discipline Digital Technology
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
We’re looking for an Office Coordinator / PMO to join our Castle Fintech team where you’ll be responsible for providing administrative and coordination support. You will have a start-up attitude and wear multiple hats, balancing priorities across multiple tasks. You’ll be at the heart of a unique and exciting venture to assemble a new financial services platform. Your role will be key in helping manage, plan and co-ordinate the Fintech team and working closely with everyone involved.
What type of person are we looking for?
- Driven by boundless curiosity and experimentally minded, always starting with ‘why?’.
- Tenacious and persistent, willing to go above and beyond to deliver great outcomes.
- Focused and decisive, able to ruthlessly prioritise to stay on track.
- Energised by collaboration and a champion of radical candour.
- Work hard whilst maintain our sense of humour, and don't take ourselves too seriously.
- Have a start-up attitude to getting stuff done.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as an Office / Project Assistant at N Brown?
- Administrative Support including project planning, creating board packs and reports. Manage and maintain project management tools. Coordinate meetings, prepare agendas, and capture meeting minutes for the Leadership Team. General support in task completion, stakeholder support and facilitation of travel arrangements.
- Communication and Reporting including facilitating communication among project teams and stakeholders. Prepare, issue and review weekly Menti surveys for the team. Ownership and management of weekly resource timesheet submissions. Support the Head of Commercial with financial administration such as invoice review/receipting, raising of requisitions and month-end reviews.
- Project Coordination including supporting the tracking of project timelines, milestones, and deliverables as well as financial reporting and analysis. Assisting in identifying and resolving project issues and risks.
- Quality Assurance including ensuring compliance with project management methodologies and best practices. Conducting quality checks on project documentation and supporting the implementation of process improvements within the team.
- Documentation and Knowledge Management including maintaining a centralised repository for project documentation. Organising and managing project information for easy access and retrieval. Support knowledge transfer and documentation of lessons learned.
- Training and Development Coordination and Support including assisting in the development and delivery of training programs for project teams and providing support to stakeholders in adopting new tools and methodologies.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Experience of delivery in project assistant roles, ideally within an IT and Business Change environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, project management, or related field would be advantageous though not essential.
- Previous experience in a project coordination, project assistant or administrative role.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills.
- Brilliant communications and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy.
Ways of Working
We offer hybrid working which varies across the business depending on the role you’re in. Our Head Office is located in the Northern Quarter in Manchester City Centre. So if you are travelling by train, tram or bus we’re perfectly located, plus we’re surrounded by cool cafes, trendy bars and the best places to eat!
Our working hours are 36.17 per week and our core working hours are between 10am - 4pm. Given we don’t have strict working hours you can find the working pattern that’s right for you.
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!