- Salary up to £55,000 per annum
- Discipline Digital Technology
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
Here at N Brown we are looking to recruit a Product Manager to support our data division to develop exciting data products which have the customers’ needs at the heart of the product. N Brown are on an exciting journey to harness value from data developing products which gain competitive advantage for N Brown in today’s retail industry.
Working as part of an agile team in our Pricing Optimisation Squad, you will be pivotal in getting stuff done with our architects, engineers, data scientists and data users to drive forward and deliver against our strategic goals.
The ideal candidate will be able to quantify and clearly define real customer problems that can be solved through the use of data, BI & AI. The role has critical externally facing elements which are outside of the squad development process so you must hold excellent communication, presentation and persuasion skills, be extremely passionate about data and clued up on industry best practice and product ways of working.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Digital Product Manager at N Brown?
- Own the end-to-end experience for N Brown stakeholders and customers in a specialised data area ensuring data is the product
- Develop, maintain and ideate a backlog of data use cases in your area that deliver valuable outcomes
- Clearly define and regularly communicate progress against the backlog of use cases via a roadmap ensuring this aligns to business strategy, vision and goals.
- Continuously engage with the business to regularly review, update and gain alignment of the product use cases in your area
- Follow iterative process to deliver use cases creating minimum viable products and minimum marketable products to our data consumers
- Elicit and clearly document customer problems through the use of workshops, research and discovery
- Own and drive forward discovery extracting problems and use cases ensuring all use cases are prioritised and aligned to a strategic goal
- Follow the Product Management framework producing the necessary artefacts required during each phase of the Product Management Lifecycle
- Define Objective and Key Results (OKRs) during discovery ensuring product goals are tangible, quantifiable, and backed up with data
- Create and refine user stories founded from discovery, breaking these down into tangible outcomes in preparation for sprints
- Work with technical teams to evolve user stories into solutions, development tasks and technical requirements to deliver the user story outcome
- Ensure Acceptance Criteria is captured, clearly defined and met for each user story
- Run regular ceremonies such as sprint planning, refinement and 3 Amigos to support user story development and delivery
- Complete value realisation post-delivery of product features measuring success against the targeted outcomes and goals set during discovery
- Prioritise features and requirements, ranking them against strategic goals and initiatives. Make difficult trade-off decisions based on the value new features will deliver to your customers and to the business, always communicating back to the business on priority and strategy
- Clear prioritisation to always work on the most important initiative at that moment in time
- Regularly present to the business through show & tells, weekly roadmap sessions and quarterly business review on your product with a focus on value delivered
- Be the ‘Go To’ person for data in your area – you know it inside and out so can champion its features and products
What skills and experience will you have?
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice & methodologies
- Proven success of having managed a complex product that led to the delivery of significant value to your stakeholders
- Customer & Problem focused
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to manage challenging stakeholders
- Say NO for the right reasons backed up with evidence and facts from data, research and analysis
- Ability to articulate complex technical approaches to non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of JIRA & Confluence
Ways of Working
We offer hybrid working which varies across the business depending on the role you’re in. For this role, the expectation would be 1-2 days per week. Our Head Office is located in the Northern Quarter in Manchester City Centre. So if you are travelling by train, tram or bus we’re perfectly located, plus we’re surrounded by cool cafes, trendy bars and the best places to eat!
Our working hours are 36.17 per week and our core working hours are between 10am - 4pm. Given we don’t have strict working hours you can find the working pattern that’s right for you.
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!