- Salary Up to £75,000 + Excellent Benefits
- Discipline Financial Services & Customer Operations
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
This is a senior risk management role and requires a strong technical understanding of governance and business risk, and the framework requirements associated with its management, backed by a sound record of practical experience and leadership. The scope of the role covers all N Brown and outsourced locations, both on and off-shore, and may require travel and presence at each of these sites; the role holder is accountable for the delivery of Second Line oversight of Operational Risk, and related exposures, across all Group functions.
When necessary the role holder will formally deputise for the Head of Group Business Risk and provide risk SME at governance forums as the member accountable for operational risk advice, guidance and appetite recommendations.
As well as directly leading, coaching and developing one Second Line Risk and Oversight Manager, the role holder will enhance the operational risk and governance understanding and risk management contribution of risk and control owners across the Group.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Senior Risk and Oversight Manager; Technology and Change at N Brown?
- Build relationships with Exec members and other SMF Role-holders to enable effective operational risk management partnering across the N Brown Group. Develop and maintain specialist knowledge of all operational exposures and processes and be accountable for considering, challenging and signing off risk appetite recommendations.
- Effective representation of risk and governance matters at Group Governance forums.
- Accountable for delivering the business risk assessment process for all aspects of operational risk (Including Issue Management, Loss Events, Risk event Evaluation, KRI approval and monitoring and Scenario Testing), specifically across BAU, programmes, projects and other change activity
- Consider identified risks, issues and control weaknesses and determine aggregate potential risk and regulatory impact and report to appropriate stakeholders, including the Exec teams, and participate in defining and agreeing remedial actions.
- Accountable for managing, and ensuring the quality of, the production and delivery of regular testing/monitoring/insight to effectively communicate risk management issues and control deficiencies to SMF Role-holders, Functional Executives and Group Exec and the wider N Brown business. Produce formal written aggregate risk reports each quarter for submission to functional committees, Audit and Risk Committee and Group Board.
- Accountable for managing aggregate delivery of the Operational risk and control assurance plan. Ensuring that the second line evaluation of first line risk and control evaluation is of sufficient quality, whilst opining on the state of fair customer outcomes. The scope of risk evaluation will include: Business areas, processes, product, data security and major change activity.
- Accountable for producing work programmes that accurately identify control gaps or non-performance through effective monitoring, with findings risk rated according to the Risk Management Policies and standards. Be accountable for planning, managing and reporting individual operational risk analysis, including:
- Scenario testing activity
- Business impact analysis and reviews
- Risk event evaluation
- Lead, coach and develop one second line Risk and Oversight Manager and create an environment and processes that enable effecting engagement with allocated business areas.
- Support coaching and development programmes for first line risk and governance managers, and risk and control owners, thereby generating a virtual team of Risk Champions, ensuring consistency and quality of Issue Management, RCSA, BCM Coordination, Loss Event reporting and KRIs.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong risk management experience, gained in a Financial Services, Retail or Supply Chain environment
Excellent skills and competency in:
- Leadership, coaching and development of team members
- Team building and development
- Report writing
- Third Party engagement and risk management
- Principles of Business Continuity Management
- Principles of Data Protection processes
- Policy, standards and process development and review
- Commercial awareness
- Relationship management (At senior internal and external level)
- Project Management
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications)
In depth knowledge of:
- Operational Risk Management and control evaluation methodologies
- Operational Risk Quantification
- Corporate Governance requirements and strategies
- Risk and control self-assessment techniques
A good knowledge of:
- Relevant UK regulation
- Financial Service products
- Strategic Planning and objective setting
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!