- Posted 11 May 2022
- Salary£26,000 plus excellent benefits
You'll support the delivery of the Logistics Operational objectives in line with strategy and annual business plans. The role includes the effective management of specific operational processes, resource and colleagues within the Logistics operation. To provide an excellent customer experience for all internal and external customers within agreed objectives and SLA’s. To drive change through a continuous improvement culture. To role model our core behaviors and be an advocate for our culture.
The hours for this role will be evening shift, 4 days on 4 days off 2pm - 1:30am
What you'll do:
- To lead, support, motivate, train, develop and performance manage the Logistics Operational colleagues in your team to ensure Logistics Operational objectives are met through effective management.
- Ensure all colleague time and attendance is adjusted daily via My People Portal exceptions and that all colleague management activity is expedited as quickly as possible in line with policies and procedures and accurately recorded in My People Portal and the ER tracker. Ensure all colleagues absence is managed inline with company policy.
- To provide operational delivery of all Health & Safety (including all current COVID) measures and housekeeping requirements ensuring a safe and clean environment for all colleagues and visitors on the Logistics sites.
- To achieve all production, compliance targets and SLA’s ensuring the most cost effective use of resource and services. Respond to adjustments in production plans and assign resource accordingly.
- To deliver the departmental budgets through effective manpower planning and performance management. Review performance and quality for your area of responsibility and provide weekly cost analysis. Review and respond to direction to investigate trends in MI.
- To be flexible with start/finish times of shift in order to plan the day and provide accurate details for handovers for colleagues. Support business needs with flexibility of overtime when required.
- To be multiskilled to manage several departments outside of your main department.
- To role model our core behaviors and be an advocate for our culture.
- To identify process improvements and support implementation through the use of lean six sigma methodology to ensure the logistics operation is efficient and flexible to meet our customer demands.
- Any other duties required by the line manager that are appropriate with the post, grade and level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD