- Salary Up to £60,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
- Discipline Digital Technology
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Agile Delivery Manager with a proven track record of delivering software solutions to join a new ‘start-up’ division within N Brown.
As a member of the Castle Fintech team, you’ll be at the heart of a unique and exciting venture to assemble a new financial services platform. With a background in technology disruption or financial services (preferably retail credit), you’ll leverage your industry knowledge to drive the key sourcing and commercials for the platform. Operating like an independent start-up, within an established organisation, you’ll be completely at home with agile frameworks and will fully embrace iterative and flexible commercial approaches.
What type of person are we looking for?
- Driven by boundless curiosity and experimentally minded, always starting with ‘why?’.
- Tenacious and persistent, willing to go above and beyond to deliver great outcomes.
- Focused and decisive, able to ruthlessly prioritise to stay on track.
- Energised by collaboration and a champion of radical candour.
- Work hard whilst maintain our sense of humour, and don't take ourselves too seriously.
- Have a start-up attitude to getting stuff done.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Agile Delivery Manager at N Brown?
- Facilitate daily squad stand-up meetings and other squad ceremonies, planning and refinement meetings and retrospectives. You’ll also support in ensuring that user stories are translated into actionable tasks for team to work on during the current sprint
- Support the delivery of work involving multiple internal and external stakeholders, driving the communication and visualisation of progress, transparency, and position of delivery
- Create transparency and predictability across your teams using appropriate methods, tools, and metrics, such as sprint plans, burn down charts, velocity charts and so on.
- Handle conflicting priorities well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence within strong, talented, and passionate multi-disciplinary teams
- Identify and remove impediments faced by the team by working collaboratively with stakeholders to proactively manage any risks, issues or delays.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Relevant experience of working in an Agile delivery environment
- Have proven success in delivery of a set of technology products/services or transformation initiative within a complex technology portfolio
- Knowledge of Agile, Lean, and Waterfall methods, with proven aptitude to applying in context and demonstrating how this has supported the delivery of outcomes
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player who can work collaboratively
- Experience of managing both internal teams and external supplier resourced teams
- Experience in coaching agile ways of working at all levels of maturity
- Proven experience in using a range of agile project management methods
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!