- Posted 21 June 2022
- Contact NameEmerging Talent
Who are we?
We're a top 10 UK clothing, footwear and homeware digital retailer based in Manchester. Our retail brands include JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 160 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
We are looking for several Graduates to join our two-year scheme with rotations across Digital Product, User Experience and our Delivery Management departments within Digital Technology. The above will be facilitated through short 3-month rotations for the first year, to then specialising in the final year in one area.
The role and responsibilities: Delivery Management
You will work as an Associate Delivery Manager and work as part of a squad to enable successful delivery of a set of technology products/services or transformation within a complex technology portfolio and drive delivery for them. You’ll learn what it takes to deliver complex digital projects, breaking down barriers and planning effectively to make things happen when needed.
Responsibilities within this area will include:
- Support the team in creating great Agile working environments to enable delivery of value early and incrementally.
- Help facilitate daily squad stand-up meetings and other squad ceremonies; facilitating the planning and refinement meetings, retrospectives and ensure that user stories are translated into actionable tasks for teams to work on during sprints.
- Working with squads to facilitate and enable effective delivery of change and service capability.
- Help create transparency and predictability across teams using appropriate tool and metrics including story mapping, roadmaps, sprint plans, burn down charts, cycle times, value stream maps and release plans.
- Handle conflicting priorities well, communicate clearly and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented and opinionated team
- Identify and remove impediments faced by the team by working with the delivery team and other stakeholders and proactively manage any risks/delays in the commitments.
- Collaborate with Product Managers/Technical Leads/Developers and Testers to understand future demand and direction.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and reporting is in place to gain commitment and prioritisation.
What you will need to succeed within Delivery Management:
- Knowledge of Agile delivery methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A methodical / analytical approach and great problem-solving skills
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new technology area/domain quickly
- Highly collaborative, visible and inclusive
- Great presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Ownership, responsiveness and commitment towards assigned work
- Empathy and good listening skills to understand the needs/ pain points of your customers/stakeholders
For the other rotations:
The role within your Digital Product rotation will be a Product Associate, playing a pivotal part to getting stuff done within our development squads. This person will work within one of our tribes, delivering the technology needed to power our digital products.
The role within your UX rotation will be a Graduate Optimisation Executive to assist in the development of conversion strategies and deliver testing plans across our brands. You will learn what is takes to fuse our values with CRO principles, ensuring that experiments produce learnings to deliver a frictionless and desirable shopping experience.
What will you get?
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
As a Graduate, you will receive a competitive salary with incremental increases across 24 months based on your performance. You’ll be part of N Brown’s Graduate programme, following a comprehensive learning and development plan including power skills workshops, sessions with our Executive Board, receive a dedicated mentor and more, as well as be part of our wider Emerging Talent community! You’ll be part of our bonus scheme, pension scheme, life assurance as well as receive 24 days holiday including bank holidays. Alongside this, you will also receive fantastic employee discount on our products, access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
How to apply?
Interested? Click on Apply now and submit your CV and cover letter today! If successful, the next stage will be an ability test and following this an assessment centre. This role is for a September 2022 start.