- Posted 06 June 2022
- DisciplineProduct and Trade
- Contact Nameelizabeth grierson
This is a split role between product development and Sustainability
Joining our product technology Home team, to ensure that our products exceed our customer expectations for Quality, Value and performance, reduce returns and improve customer feedback. Driving sustainability to support the company’s annual targets, gaining insight and knowledge into sustainable fabrics and practices.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Skills and Responsibilities
* Development supported by your Mentor, Technical team, Manager
* An understanding of fit for purpose product; fabric quality and standards
* Support in the delivery of the Strategy and business seasonal requirements, ensure an accurate and consistent fit/size across all the Product range in all sizes aligned to the internal standard by brand, to ensure they flatter our customer.
* Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, internally and externally to develop the product range to deliver exceptional quality for the customer, ensuring it is on time and from the right supplier for the product type/ brand requirements to deliver product excellence.
* Show ability to engineer products to support net margin improvements for your dept.
* Evaluate Supplier for skill, abilities, lead times and quality of product achieved preparing reports and escalating issues for action and recommending improvements.
* Constantly review and improve Quality Standards in line with customer expectation, competitors and internal Quality guidelines
* Maintaining all quality, legislation and compliance criteria, evaluating and reporting on supplier performance, ensuring 100% compliance through close monitoring and communication.
* Maintain testing, compliance and AQL standards and performance through supply base, reducing unplanned refurb and returns to manufacturer.
* Investigate causes of quality problems and implement improvements to processes that lead to overall increases in product quality resulting in reduction in returns, improved customer feedback, through product reviews and increase product score through customers testing panels.
* Communication – engage with the wider business team both internal and external to drive Quality products forward and effectively promote product benefits to the customer.
* Analyse, understand, report and act upon customer feedback and returns metrics.
* Specify, review and act upon required Product Test, Chemical, environmental Compliance and product safety requirements.
* Monitor and maintain all product information on Critical Path and data files.
* Growth in Profitability – reduce returns rates and improved product reviews through improved Quality, Value and Customer perception, reducing quality issues, reduced sampling, reduced defects, and reduced non-compliance.
* Develop knowledge in sustainable materials and practices, ensuring certification standards are met and maintained within the dept.
* Support the Managers with Sustainable licences and membership requirements.
* Liaising with key stakeholders across the business to monitor and report on sustainable targets
* Research and keep up to date with sustainable innovation and legislation within the industry.
Behaviours and Attitudes
Ability to show business acumen and actively seek to understand how the wider business works and the pursuing opportunities this provides
Inquisitive mentality, actively seeking new opportunities to expand your knowledge and showcase new ideas.
Constantly strives to be the best you can be, embracing every challenge and using it as a learning opportunity
Problem solver acting consistently to remove obstacles to achieve progress, demonstrating an ability to move forward at pace.
Collaborative and approachable manner, able to communicate (both visually and verbally) in a clear and professional manner.
Job Qualifications and Skills
Industry work experience in technical specific field preferred.
Degree level qualification or equivalent preferred but not essential.
Understanding of a wide-ranging Supply base.
Use analytical and product insight to influence corrective actions with strong focus on
Communication skills – verbal and written – ability to communicate via variety of media with different cultures/various levels of Stakeholders
A good appreciation of quality and compliance standards.
IT skills – competent in word, excel and power point
Self-motivated with a positive attitude
Excellent Time Management
Excellent research skills