- Posted 20 May 2022
- Salary £25,000
- Contact NameCiara Tully
Who are we?
We're a top 10 UK clothing, footwear and homeware digital retailer based in Northern Quarter, in Manchester's city centre. Our retail brands are JD Williams, Simply Be, Jacamo, Ambrose Wilson and Home Essentials. We champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 160 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers.
The Role and responsibilities
We are looking for someone to join us as a Procurement Graduate within our Procurement team that sits in the world of Finance, and they will be at the very heart of the team! This role is 24-month Graduate role, all about experiencing and developing an understanding of the principals of buying goods and services that are needed in a digital retail business. It’s supported by professional studies with the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (Level 4 CIPS) along with great experience allowing you to see the theory in action through secondments or interactions with functions, covering Sourcing, Supply Chain, Logistics, ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance), Legal and Finance. You will be based at our headquarters in the Northern Quarter, Manchester. This person will:
- Support a P2P (Procure to Pay) process from supplier onboarding through to payment, working closely with stakeholders such as Accountants, Budget Holders, and Administrators.
- Undertake sourcing and research to support the development and continual review of forward-looking plans in collaboration with Category Managers, Leads and business stakeholders to address business needs, supply market dynamics and technological advancements.
- Closely managing contracts and suppliers within remit to align to the Category plan, the Category Manager shares insights with the business and drives reviews; and acts where opportunities and risks appear.
- Maintain Procurement administration relevant to the Category attached to, including but not limited to, Non-disclosure agreements, spend reports, trading and financial reports to support sourcing and supplier stability.
- Contribute to the creation of category pipeline of initiatives to achieve or exceed savings targets.
- Support negotiations with suppliers and partners to realise cost efficiency opportunities and negotiate commercial terms and contracts.
- Deliver business projects relative to the principals of experience of this role.
What will you get?
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives.
As a Procurement Graduate, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £25,000 per annum with incremental increases across 24 months based on your performance. You’ll be part of N Brown’s Graduate programme, following a comprehensive learning and development plan including power skills workshops, sessions with our Executive Board, receive a dedicated mentor and more, as well as be part of our wider Emerging Talent community! You’ll be part of our bonus scheme, pension scheme, life assurance as well as receive 24 days holiday including bank holidays. Alongside this, you will also receive fantastic employee discount on our products, access to our Employee Assistance Programme and much more!
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who will:
- Actively seek to understand how the wider business works and develop commercial acumen and pursuing any opportunities this provides.
- Be passionate about the business with a thirst to learn and inquisitive mentality, driving self to expand your knowledge and showcase new ideas and ways of working.
- Constantly strive to be the best you can be, embracing change and seeking increasing responsibility when possible.
- Be a lateral thinker and problem solver consistently acting to remove obstacles that impede progress, demonstrating an ability to move forward at pace, brave enough to challenge and unafraid to be different.
- Have a collaborative and approachable manner; able to communicate internally and externally (both visually and verbally) in a clear, understandable and professional style, and always conducting themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
- Be self-aware, able to connect easily with people and develop strong relationships.
- Be resilient when challenged.
- Have the ability to plan work in the face of conflicting priorities.
How to apply?
Click on Apply now and submit your CV and cover letter today. If successful, the next stage will be a face-to-face/virtual interview.