- Salary Up to £29,000pa DOE
- Discipline Brand and Creative
- Contact NameHolly Cummins
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
We are seeking to recruit a highly skilled and creative In-House Studio Fashion Photographer to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating, capturing, and processing model and still life photography and video for all N Brown channels and brands.
This role plays a pivotal role in supporting and delivering the creative and technical digital product asset strategy within a fast-paced photo studio environment. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders from design, buying, brand, and creative departments to produce high-quality product assets that meet deadlines and align with creative briefs.
What’s in it for you?
24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
Annual bonus scheme
Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
A range of financial wellbeing support
Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Digital Photographic Operator at N Brown?
- Reporting to the lead photographer you will be responsible for shooting aspirational, on brand product focussed fashion photography to the highest standard across model, still life and video disciplines
- Demonstrating creative and technical skill, the photographer will give clear and concise model direction on set and be accountable for the poses, mood and overall feel of photography in collaboration with shoot team. Including accountability for the product details being fully visible while maintaining aspirational look and feel to ensure N Brown imagery is ahead of the competition.
- Solid understanding of LED and flash lighting, Capture One and Canon camera systems with the ability to translate this knowledge on set
- Deliver every shoot to agreed targets and deadlines while delivering or exceeding creative benchmarks
- Working with the management and lead to support the training and development of colleagues and freelancers with regards to studio set-ups, photographic settings, equipment and shoot guidelines
- Demonstrate full understanding of creative changes within the department. Work with studio management and production team on castings and ad hoc projects to include head shots, competitions and creative briefs
- Conduct monthly reviews alongside the lead photographer looking at pose, mood, look and feel. Keep up to date with the latest industry photographic developments and styles ensuring N Brown stays relevant in the marketplace while continuously developing your creative knowledge to keep shoots relevant and aspirational – always up to date on our customers, with a strong overview of fashion, social media and general trends
- Be proactive in maintenance of studio kit, ensuring kit stays in optimal working condition and replacements flagged within a timely manner
- Engaging in training and development initiatives and always projecting the N Brown behaviours policy
- Working closely with leads and management team to successfully deliver the department strategy. Build strong, professional and collaborative relationships with the wider studio team
- Following the N Brown asset guide and studio handbook to ensure product is shot consistently across all shoot functions
- Maintain a professional and productive working environment
What skills and experience will you have?
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience in a productive photo studio focussed on multi-channel asset production.
- Excellent Photographic & digital retail content knowledge.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Excellent studio process knowledge & experience.
- Pro-active, positive & flexible attitude, able to motivate colleagues to achieve excellence with a willingness to implement new technologies and adapt to business change.
- Supports the development of others by sharing experience and expertise.
- An excellent knowledge of Photography, camera, Capture One software and Microsoft Office is essential.
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!