- Salary £20,568.18
- Discipline Industrial Placement
- Contact NameEmerging Talent Careers
Who are we?
Here at N Brown we serve our customers through distinct brands; JD Williams, Simply Be, Jacamo and we are experienced, gained from over 160 years of trading; Inclusive as we believe in fashion without boundaries; sustainable as we strive to make as little impact on the planet and focused on the future as we are ALWAYS looking for ways to develop our business and serve our customers better.
Our Vision as a business is that by ‘Championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is, therefore, central to our culture. We’re committed to both building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all.
We are looking for a placement student to join our Sourcing team for a 12-month period from September 2024. This is a rare and exciting opportunity; you will be given a role with important responsibilities and have the chance to become an integral part of our team whilst building your work experience in a commercial fashion head office.
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working and staggered start times to give you the flexibility you may need
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Pro-rated annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 over the year
- Mental Health support both internally and externally via our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Colleague discount across all our N Brown Group brands and onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Annual bonus scheme
- Paid volunteer time – N Brown offer all colleagues a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Sourcing Industrial Placement?
We are looking for a proactive student with an enthusiasm for product and understanding the supply chain. The sourcing team is small but well formed, with close ties to buying, sustainability, ethical and quality, so we are looking for someone who is interested in the full picture view of working in a retail business, with a vested interest in understanding where our product is sourced from in more detail. You will be exposed to some commercial, supply chain and research data so an analytical approach is essential, along with a creative eye to work closely with the fabric team and gain a greater understanding of sustainability within the fabrics we buy and the goals we are striving toward.
What experience will you have?
You’ll need to demonstrate the ability to work effectively with your team as well as under your own initiative. Excellent communication and organisation skills are essential as you’ll need to prioritise your workload throughout the placement.
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply:
If you meet the criteria above and you’re considering a career in Sourcing then we want to hear from you! To apply please upload (in one document) CV, cover letter and your answer to the following questions (no more than 300 words please).
- Why do you want the placement in Sourcing with N Brown?
- What skills and qualities will you bring to the team?
Please note: you will only be able to upload one document on your application. Your answer to the questions above should be included as the 1st page on your CV.
Applications will close on 24th November 2023. If your application is successful, then you will be invited to a face-to-face interview. This will be in early December and following this, you will be notified of the outcome within 2 weeks.