- Salary £34,511.89 + 40% shift rate = £48,316.65 plus excellent benefits
- Discipline Logistics
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
We’re looking for a Continental Shift Engineer to join our Logistics team!
Within this role you’ll be based at our Logistics site in Shaw, Oldham. You’ll support the Team Leader by performing reactive, predictive and planned maintenance on all site and facilities as required.
Hours: You’ll work an average of 42 hours a week - Continental shift pattern
What's in it for you?
24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays with the option to buy an additional 10 days
Annual bonus scheme
Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
A range of financial wellbeing support
Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Continental Shift Engineer at N Brown?
- Carry out the daily maintenance tasks as allocated by the Senior Engineer or Team Leader on fixed plant covering a diverse range of electrical,control,hydraulic pneumatic and mechanical systems that are subject to infinite variety of breakdowns that can occur at any time.
- To ensure all daily planned and routine work is completed and to ensure that all breakdowns are attended to and rectified in a line with departmental objectives in a safe manner, causing minimum downtime and preventing business disruption.
- Mentor and manage the apprentices, ensuring they work safely, and assist them in achieving their required practical experience for their course work.
- Assist with project workloads as required.
- Assist the Team Leader to Ensure recommended and additional spares where required are in the stores, recording and managing spares usage in line with stores procedures and the purchasing system.
- Assist lead, motivate, and discipline the team of apprentices, against departmental responsibilities, objectives and KPI' s (Key performance indicators).
- Promote continuous improvements and change through own initiatives.
- Actively promote Health and Safety within the team ensuring standard activities have been assessed and have SOP, S written for them. (Standard operating procedures.)
- Ensure an effective fault response service is available at all times in line with departmental objectives.
- Maintain a hands on role to ensure technical and practical help is provided when necessary
- Analyse performance in order to review team skills and therefore optimise performance levels.
- Must maintain the availability of business critical plant to prevent disruption.
- Ensure all relevant H&S regulations and safe systems of work are adhered to.
- Pass on own experience by giving the necessary training to other engineers.
What skills and experience will you bring?
A minimum of 5 years gained within an engineering role involving automated equipment. You’ll be passionate about providing a 1st class support in a heavily automated environment to operations.
You’ll have a strong understanding of an engineering function and where it fits in the organization as a whole. Proven ability to work in a multiskilled team.
Substantial Electrical/or Mechanical fitting skills and experience. Can effectively communicate within the team and with other cross functional departments. Heights-working on cranes up to 15M, working from fixed and mobile platforms and scaffolding, use of ladders and stairs for access, working on roofs.
Working outside-occasional work outside on plant equipment and site facilities. Professional attitude with plenty of drive and enthusiasm.
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!