- Salary £36,611.89 + 40% shift pay = £51,256.65 plus excellent benefits
- Discipline Logistics
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
We’re looking for a Senior Continental Shift Engineer to join our Logistics team!
As A Senior Shift Engineer you’ll manage the engineering maintenance engineers and support the maintenance team leader in order to provide shift support in line with departmental business objectives, performing reactive, predictive, and planned maintenance on all sites engineering areas of responsibility and automation equipment.
What’s in it for you?
24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
Annual bonus scheme
Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
A range of financial wellbeing support
Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Senior Shift Engineer at N Brown?
- You’ll assist the Team Leader to Ensure that the engineering shift team are adequately trained and certified in order that they can perform their daily tasks in accordance with Health & Safety requirements.
- You’ll ensure all daily planned and routine work is completed and to ensure that all breakdowns are attended to and rectified in a line with departmental objectives in a safe manner, causing minimum downtime and preventing business disruption.
- You’ll assist the Team Leader to Ensure recommended and additional spares where required are in the stores, recording and managing spares usage in line with stores procedures and the purchasing system.
- You’ll assist the Team Leader to Effectively lead, motivate, and discipline the team of maintenance engineers, and apprentices, against departmental responsibilities, objectives and KPI, s (Key performance indicators).
- You’ll maintain a hands-on approach when required, to assist the engineers on specific tasks or to cover staff shortages.
- You’ll promote continuous improvements and change through own initiatives. -Actively promote Health and Safety within the team ensuring standard activities have been assessed and have SOP, S written for them. (Standard operating procedures.)
- You’ll maintain a sufficiently hands on role to ensure technical and practical help is provided when necessary.
- You’ll ensure all relevant H&S regulations and safe systems of work are adhered to.
- Issue and manage permit to works in line with procedures when the Team leader is not present.
- You’ll set-up and run external contracts working with procurement and the Team Leader to support activities in specialist areas, liaising with such contractors when they attend site as necessary.
What skills and experience will you have?
- You’ll be a technically competent and qualified engineering professional is required to understand the engineering service requirements for automated equipment.
- You’ll have a minimum of 5 years gained within an engineering role involving automated equipment. Experience of managing teams and/or contractors.
- You’ll have a full Engineering Apprenticeship, able to effectively manage a team of engineers against departmental/business objectives.
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!