- Discipline Financial Services & Customer Operations
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
As a Financial Services Communications Coordinator, you will play a critical role in maintaining the integrity of our communications and ensuring that any communication or financial promotion submitted for review complies with the regulations and guidelines set forth by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other relevant authorities. This role plays a crucial part in ensuring we are delivering good outcomes to customers and maintaining the company's reputation and adherence to compliance standards. Your attention to detail, knowledge of industry regulations, and collaborative approach will contribute significantly to our organisation's success and commitment to regulatory excellence.
What’s in it for you?
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Financial Services Communications Coordinator at N Brown?
- Conduct meticulous reviews of communications/financial promotions, including customer communications, website content, and social media posts to ensure they meet Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other relevant authorities regulations and guidelines.
- Carry out control testing on the integrity of the data to ensure that the communications/financial promotions meet high standards of accuracy and test the effectiveness of the communications, ensuring that they can be understood and that they avoid causing foreseeable harm to customers.
- Stay up-to-date with FCA regulations, industry trends, and changes in communications/financial promotions standards to proactively adapt communication practices accordingly.
- Offer insights and suggestions for enhancing the clarity, consistency and effectiveness of the communication materials taking into consideration the characteristics of the consumers within its target market paying particular need to the financial capabilities, vulnerabilities and reading age of the intended recipients.
- Identify potential risks and issues in communications/financial promotions and propose appropriate solutions to mitigate them effectively and where appropriate, collaborate with the Compliance/Risk teams to ensure timely and accurate reporting of any related incidents or breaches.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, legal, compliance, and product departments, to facilitate the smooth review and approval process.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of related communications/financial promotions policies and procedures to ensure best practices and efficiency.
- Where requested, create engaging and informative written content for both our customer and internal colleagues and support the wider Customer Operations Change Team with internal and customer facing helpcentre content creation and reviews.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Strong knowledge of FCA and other relevant authorities regulations and guidelines
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills to identify potential compliance issues
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, to provide clear feedback and guidance to stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, prioritise tasks, and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to diagnose and articulate material weaknesses in key controls and processes in the business to identify proportionate and pragmatic solutions to maintain good customer outcomes.
- Proven experience in communication review, compliance, or a related field is preferred
- Familiarity with financial products and services is an advantage
- Have a growth mindset, taking advantage of learning opportunities to help N Brown become an industry leader
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!