- Posted 27 July 2022
- Salary £26k - £30k
- DisciplineProduct and Trade
- Contact NameSenior Online Merchandising Executive
Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We don’t believe that age, size, shape or background should stop anyone from feeling confident, stylish and happy with the way they look and feel. With our industry leading expertise in creating fashion that fits, we’ve been proudly breaking down these barriers for over 150 years. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance. Now, we’re moving forward together, embracing innovation and new technology, to continue to delight our customers. You will be part of a team who have a strong strategy to grow online merchandising and ecommerce and are passionate about offering the best possible online experience for our customers in a data led and inspiring way.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. It’s fast and furious here at times, but this just means something new and exciting is always on the way. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
Online Merchandising Executive
You will be responsible for proposing and implementing the search / browse and product recommendations merchandising activity making data led decisions, leading to proven improvements in the customer experience and KPIs such as conversion and revenue; you will achieve this working cross functionally with other departments and general support to optimise menus / filters and by utilising product ordering and recommendations strategies. You will feed into and influence the trading strategy / calendar for your online store and in addition support with activities like product launches and SEO, regularly reporting back on results and action plans.
What you'll be responsible for as an Online Merchandising Executive:
- Represent your online stores online merchandising team to feed into and influence cross functional meetings with Departments like Ecommerce, Buying, Merchandising, Marketing and SEO
- Lead and support on projects such as category product promotions and campaigns, new product launches and SEO
- Using various merchandising and analytics tools provide insights on customer behaviour which lead to improvements in the customer journey, product ranges and offers, UX and KPIs
- Propose and action improvements to the filters, menu and product sequencing strategies across search / browse and product recommendations
- Develop and implement A/B testing strategies linked to your online store’s primary objectives and KPIs (E.G. Margin, stockholding, revenue, conversion, AOV, IPO)
- Report back regularly on performance, results and action plans to stakeholders across the business
- Conduct competitor research to identify and propose opportunities to improve UX, product ranges, merchandising and SEO
- Training and supporting Online Merchandising Assistants to achieve best practice across the business
- Supporting and leading with community / tribe projects related to Ecommerce / CRO / UX
- Administration such as link building, characteristic / attribute building, reporting and SEO
- General other duties as required
What you will need to succeed as an Online Merchandising Executive:
- The ability to build good working relationships with stakeholders across the business, often with conflicting objectives.
- Be data led, analytical and commercially minded with your decisions; always thinking ‘customer first’ to delight the customer and hit business KPIs.
- Confidence and the ability to present and report back on results and action plans to all stakeholders.
- Skills and experience in a variety of online merchandising tools (E.G. Bloomreach, Attraqt, Rich Relevance) and analytical tools (E.g. Google Analytics) where proven KPI improvements have been achieved
Software & Technology used as part of the role:
- Microsoft suites such as Teams, Excel and Power BI
- Bloomreach Discovery platform (Search / Browse)
- Bloomreach / Rich Relevance Product Recommendations
- Google Analytics and Google Data Studio
- Trello / Miro / JIRA for work management
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you’ll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams