- Salary Up to £55,000 + Excellent Benefits
- Discipline Digital Technology
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Platform Engineer to join a new ‘start-up’ division within N Brown. As a member of the Castle project team, you’ll be at the heart of a unique and exciting venture to assemble a new financial services platform. With a background in technology disruption or financial services (preferably retail credit), you’ll leverage your industry knowledge to drive the key sourcing and commercials for the platform. Operating like an independent start-up, within an established organisation, you’ll be completely at home with agile frameworks and will fully embrace iterative and flexible commercial approaches.
What type of person are we looking for?
- Driven by boundless curiosity and experimentally minded, always starting with ‘why?’.
- Tenacious and persistent, willing to go above and beyond to deliver great outcomes.
- Focused and decisive, able to ruthlessly prioritise to stay on track.
- Energised by collaboration and a champion of radical candour.
- Work hard whilst maintain our sense of humour, and don't take ourselves too seriously.
- Have a start-up attitude to getting stuff done.
In this role you'll be supporting development squads with IAC and CI/CD & maintaining our new platform hosted on AWS. You’ll be a pivotal part of the platform engineering team at N Brown.
As a platform engineer, you’ll be supporting our Agile squads with the delivery of our new platform, building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and IAC, problem solving to get the answers to challenging issues. Alongside working as part of our Platform engineering team helping to build & support the foundational building blocks as a self-serve to squads.
*Please note, this role has additional on call where engineers will support our critical platforms 24/7 on a rota basis. (Currently this is 1 in every 3 weeks).
What’s in it for you?
- Hybrid working
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Platform Engineer at N Brown?
- Collaborating with our software developers to improve our development environments and tooling, designing and implementing build and deployment pipelines, managing source control systems, and improving development workflows.
- Troubleshooting and resolving infrastructure issues in a timely manner, monitoring our systems and services, identifying performance issues, and working with our team to troubleshoot and resolve them.
- Participating in internal operational tasks such as release tasks and setting up configuration for users with SSO.
- Implement security measures and best practices to safeguard platforms from potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of a scalable, resilient, AWS cloud-based built using an Infrastructure as Code approach.
- Undertake the provision and maintaining of infrastructure-level monitoring and alerting to assist with operational support and troubleshooting for our platform.
- Be a key contributor/reviewer in the creation and updating of our documentation library to assist others in supporting/problem solving to reduce key person dependencies.
- Collaborating with multiple squads on supporting each of their deployments through varied environments. Ensuring deployment is successful and secure.
- Be responsible for handing our support issue on the platform, diagnosing and troubleshooting platform-related problems, working closely with other teams to ensure efficient incident resolution.
- In cases where complex issues arise, escalate and collaborate with senior team members to find an effective resolution to minimise downtime.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Experience and knowledge of AWS.
- Experience of DevOps and DevOps practices
- Be a self-motivated engineer from a Linux O/S background with a real enthusiasm for problem solving,
- Desire to suggest and improve our platform.
- Have experience working within an agile delivery environment.
- Supporting multiple environments ranging from development through-to production
- Able to thrive within a team whilst also being able to work on challenges individually.
- You’ll have demonstrable expertise of picking up new systems and technology quickly with the confidence to ask questions and the desire to learn from your colleagues.
It would be advantageous if you:
- Have an existing AWS certification.
- Experience in managing and supporting with AWS service-less technologies.
- Using IAC tooling either CloudFormation or Terraform
- 2 years + hands on experience with Linux OS
- 2 years + experience building using infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Be comfortable working with continuous integration/deployment tools eg Gitlab CI, Code Pipeline
- Be experienced applying multipurpose programming languages preferably Python, Bash
- Be comfortable using containerisation tooling eg Docker.
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!