- Salary Up to £47,000 + Excellent Benefits
- Discipline Financial Services & Customer Operations
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
We’re looking for a Senior Commercial Insight Analyst to join our Financial Services team.
This exciting opportunity is based within one of the most fast paced and passionate departments within N Brown. You will report to the Head of Financial Services Customer Strategy and apply your skills to understand and predict our customers’ behaviour to help us devise strategies which grow the business. This is an ideal opportunity for someone from an analytical background who has experience in developing and presenting insights and thrives taking responsibility in cross functional teams.
What’s in it for you?
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Senior Commercial Insight Analyst at N Brown?
- Work with stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements for analysis and data solutions
- Conduct high quality analytical work on customer behaviour and propose recommendations to improve outcomes for both customers and our business
- Work collaboratively with the wider team to deliver and share insights to stakeholders
- Carry out analytical projects such as customer segmentation builds, propensity to buy/repeat, and payment behaviour
- Tell data stories from transactional and digital data about the customer base
- Manipulate data and create reports to meet business demands, taking complex data and creating clear outputs that present key insights in an impactful way
- Contribute to the performance of the wider team, helping to improve the stability and increased automation of data acquisition and reporting
What skills and experience will you have?
- Proficient in database languages, mainly SQL used day to day
- Highly competent using Excel and Office 365 suite
- Experience of working closely with stakeholders to deliver actionable insight
- Proven track record of adding value to the business
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to take large amounts of data from several sources and provide insight
- Proven experience of having managed your own projects, able to work independently and with other colleagues across different areas of the business
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to make commercial recommendations from analysis
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills with ‘data storytelling’ capability for the delivery of insights and actionable recommendations
- Ability to work under pressure and own, address and resolve problems
- Previous experience in an analyst role in a retail or financial services organisation
It would also be great if you have experience in:
- Web analytics, primarily Google Analytics
- Creating Power BI dashboards
- Mentoring colleagues
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!