- Salary Up to £65,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
- Discipline Digital Technology
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
Are you looking for a new challenge? Does the idea of joining a startup division within a business excite you? Well look no further…! We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Node Software Engineer with a proven track record of commercial delivery of technology value.
As a member of the Castle project team, you’ll be at the heart of a unique and exciting venture to assemble a new financial services platform as part of a greenfield project. With a background in technology disruption or financial services (preferably retail credit), you’ll leverage your industry knowledge to drive the key sourcing and commercials for the platform. Operating like an independent start-up, within an established organisation, you’ll be completely at home with agile frameworks and will fully embrace iterative and flexible commercial approaches.
What type of person are we looking for?
- Driven by boundless curiosity and is experimentally minded, always starting with ‘why?’
- Tenacious and persistent, willing to go above and beyond to deliver great outcomes
- Focused and decisive, able to ruthlessly prioritise to stay on track
- Energised by collaboration and a champion of radical candour
- Believes as much in having fun as working hard
As a Senior Node Full Stack Software Engineer, you will design, develop, maintain, and deploy complex solutions within Castle using agile developments methods. All the while ensuring software quality is embedded and improved, optimising the use of automation tools.
What’s in it for you?
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Senior Node Software Engineer at N Brown?
- Designs, codes, verifies, tests, documents, amends and refactors complex programs/scripts and integration software services.
- Contributes to the selection of the software development methods, tools and techniques.
- Applies agreed standards and tools to achieve well-engineered outcomes.
- Participates in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Designs complex software applications, components and modules.
- Reviews, verifies and improves own designs against specifications. Leads reviews of others’ designs.
- Uses approved tools and techniques for specific deployment activities.
- Follows agreed procedures to identify and resolve issues with applications.
- Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Hands-on experience with Node serverless microservices, whether it's AWS Lambdas or containerization managed through ECS or similar platforms.
- Familiarity with AWS serverless development and deployment frameworks, including the Serverless framework, AWS SAM, AWS CDK, and more.
- Emphasis on an API-first approach to software development.
- Proficiency in implementing unit and integration testing using frameworks like Jest.
- Expertise in consuming RESTful services, which includes adeptly handling JSON data.
- Proven experience in continuous integration practices, encompassing source control with Git, building processes (leveraging tools like Azure DevOps, Gitlab, or others), testing, auditing (utilizing tools like SonarQube), and deployment.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of Terraform or a strong willingness to learn Terraform and apply Infrastructure as Code principles.
- Familiarity with Kafka or a strong willingness to learn Kafka and engage with event-driven architecture.
- Understanding of software design patterns.
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!