- Salary Up to £85,000 + Excellent Benefits Package
- Discipline Digital Technology
N Brown – who we are and why work for us?
At N Brown, we’re committed to building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive environment that values equality for all. Our vision is that by ‘championing inclusion, we’ll become the most loved and trusted fashion retailer’. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are, therefore, at the heart of our culture.
We’re a forward-thinking digital retailer with a financial services proposition to be proud of. We’re customer-obsessed, serving them through three core brands: JD Williams, Simply Be, and Jacamo. We’re experienced, with over 160 years of trading under our belt. We’re inclusive, as we believe in fashion without boundaries; and we’re sustainable, striving to make as little impact on the planet as possible.
What type of person are we looking for?
- Driven by boundless curiosity and experimentally minded, always starting with ‘why?’.
- Tenacious and persistent, willing to go above and beyond to deliver great outcomes.
- Focused and decisive, able to ruthlessly prioritise to stay on track.
- Energised by collaboration and a champion of radical candour.
- Work hard whilst maintain our sense of humour, and don't take ourselves too seriously.
- Have a start-up attitude to getting stuff done.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Technical Lead with a proven track record of delivering software solutions to join a new ‘start-up’ division within N Brown. As a member of the Castle Fintech team, you’ll be at the heart of a unique and exciting venture to assemble a new financial services platform. With a background in technology disruption or financial services (preferably retail credit), you’ll leverage your industry knowledge to drive the key sourcing and commercials for the platform. Operating like an independent start-up, within an established organisation, you’ll be completely at home with agile frameworks and will fully embrace iterative and flexible commercial approaches.
What’s in it for you?
- 24 days holiday (+ 8 bank holidays) with the option to buy an additional 10 days
- Annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- Access to Apricity, a self-funding IVF benefit at a reduced rate
- Company pension with up to 8% N Brown contribution
- Mental Health support both internally and externally, including access to our wellbeing champions and counselling services
- A range of financial wellbeing support
- Colleague discount across all N Brown brands
- Onsite café with subsidised rates and local restaurant discounts!
- Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- Paid volunteer time – all our colleagues can take a full day paid to volunteer for a charity of their choice
What will you do as a Technical Lead at N Brown?
- Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development.
- Plans and drives software construction activities. Adopts and adapts appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques.
- Contributes to the development of organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development.
- Deploys automation to achieve well-engineered and secure outcomes.
- Specifies and designs large or complex software applications, components and modules.
- Contributes to the development of organisational software design and architecture policies and standards
- Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Maintains and administers tools and methods for software delivery, deployment and configuration. Maintains release processes and procedures.
- Coaches colleagues in developing target skills and capabilities in line with team and personal goals. Facilitates effective working relationships between team members
- Assists in the development of new or improved practices and organisational processes or standards. Assists projects, functions or teams in planning the quality management for their area of responsibility.
- Facilitates localised improvements to the quality system or services.
What skills and experience will you have?
- Node serverless microservices – ideally AWS Lambdas or alternatively containers managed through ECS or alike
- AWS serverless development and deployment frameworks – Serverless framework, AWS SAM, AWS CDK, etc
- Front End Development frameworks - React.js, Redux (Nice to have)
- Unit testing framework, e.g., Jest
- Contract / API Testing
- Consumption of RESTful services, incl. JSON.
- Continuous integration - Source control: Git, build (Azure DevOps/Gitlab/Other), test, audit (SonarQube), deploy
- Agile development methodologies
Our promise to you:
We’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What happens when you apply to a role at N Brown?
As soon as we receive your application, we’ll send you an email to let you know. We always aim to come back to you as soon as possible with an update and we really appreciate you taking the time to apply for a role with us. Good luck!