- Posted 31 May 2022
- SalaryUp to £19,500 plus excellent benefits
Here at N Brown, we champion inclusivity by making our customers look and feel amazing. We help our customers to express themselves with stylish products, helpful services and flexible finance.
Working here you’ll explore everything the world of digital retail has to offer — asking questions, trying new things and chasing new opportunities. Combine this curiosity with the freedom to make your own decisions, take charge of projects and work flexibly, and you’ve got the perfect place to show your skills and learn new ones. So, if you collaborate, think on your feet, embrace innovation and love rising to a challenge, your work with us will have a serious impact on the business, your career and our customers’ lives. We are proud to be N Brown.
A bit about the role:
As an Integral part of the central finance community at N Brown, the Transactional Processing teams play a vital role in supporting the groups operational functions.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to start a career in finance, we are looking for someone who can multi task, has strong query resolution skills and good time management. You must have an intermediate standard of IT proficiency and basic Microsoft Excel skills, coupled with strong numeracy skills. You will have at least 6 months previous experience in a customer service / office environment.
This role will help support the groups control over cash flow and work towards improving working capital.
What you’ll do:
- Raising sales invoices in a timely manner and issuing credit notes when required
- Ensure daily incoming payments are posted to correct customer accounts and allocated
- Unidentified Bank transactions are investigated and resolved, keeping unallocated cash and suspense account transactions to a minimum
- Ensure that debts are paid within the agreed payment terms
- Dealing with internal & external queries via email and telephone
- Allocating cash postings and clearing accounts in preparation for month end
- Prepare and issue monthly statements for customers to encourage payment
- Assisting with month end close procedures
- Management and reporting of aged debtor balances
- Raise any concerns on debt with the relevant internal operational teams
- Timely escalation of all matters which may compromise day to day objectives
Who you are:
* C grade GCSE in Math’s & English
* The ability to work in a team and individually
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Good attention to detail
* Experience in a customer facing role
* Experience in a high-volume transaction processing role is desirable
* Positive and Proactive attitude
Competitive bonus scheme – we reward you when we succeed
Company pension scheme which we’ll match up to 5% and if you put in 6% we’ll contribute 8%.
You’ll receive 24 days plus bank holidays. Your holiday entitlement increases with length of service and you’ll have the option to purchase an extra 10 days per year.
Amazing colleague discount scheme across all our brands
And loads more! For more info https://www.nbrowncareers.co.uk/why-join/your-benefits
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.