- Posted 13 June 2022
- DisciplineProduct and Trade
- Contact NameJoseph Prince
Job Title: Merchandising Operations Forecasting Analyst
Department: Merchandising Operations
Reports to: Merchandising Operations Forecasting Manager
Produce and distribute product forecasts of circa £200m for respective divisions ensuring performance comparable to best in country to provide insight to the Business to ensure the right Trading Decisions are made to best serve our Customers.
Core Activities: (no more than 8-10)
1. Produce and distribute accurate and continuously improving department/range budgets by selling vehicle in collaboration with the Product and Marketing Divisions to enable optimum planning to drive to the best Customer Experience.
2. Own offer management and facilitate control of timely product set up to drive best practise in planning and trading execution to enable the ultimate Customer Experience.
3. Own and produce accurate but unconstrained line estimates through relevant forecasting engines ensuring they assist the Merchandise Function to fulfil their service KPI’s to the maximum. And ensure constant process review to achieve continuous improvement.
4. Own and produce Brand/Offer/Department/Weekly forecasts for respective areas-ensuring a join to agreed Business forecasts to inform Trading Decisions to enable optimum Customer Experience. And ensure constant process review to achieve continuous improvement.
5. Build relevant MI that supports the forecasts and ensure that all stakeholders are educated in the impacts they drive and support.
6. Identify and communicate trading challenges and opportunities to the Product and Marketing Divisions to drive decisions balancing customer and commercial needs.
7. Be flexible and agile to perform any other duties required by the line manager that are appropriate with the post, grade and level of responsibility of this role, for which the role holder has the necessary experience and/or training in the ‘main duties’ section.